First up: THE PICTURE TAG
MY Blog mother Renu tagged me for a picture tag.
Pick the 6th picture of your 6th photo folder.
Tell a story around it.
Pass it on to six other people you like.
Well this is a picture of me taken when I was a two year old. It was taken by photographers of an ad agency. It was basically to select a child for Apollo Hospital's advertisement. I was chosen and I featured in this ad of Apollo Hospital dated 22 December, 1988.
Not much story to revolve around this picture. As a pre-teen, I wanted to be fair skinned and beautiful like the fair and lovely ad girls. I dont remember where the notion was fed into me that fair is beautiful. My dadi used to say I was born fair but the over-exposure to sun completely ruined my appearance. I was hurt by it and for the longest of time I thought I was an ugly duckling. I wanted to be a beautiful swan. One day my aunt told me that I had appeared in an ad for Apollo Hospitals... My joy knew no bounds. Even if I had been 2 years old, the fact that I was in an ad just made me feel beautiful for that moment. I was happy. Years have passed and now beauty has a very different definition in my books -- far more greater than outward appearances. :)
NEXT UP: HI-25
This tag is everywhere. Facebook, blogs...you name it. Read too many this week and it feels like I've been reading the autobiographies of my fellow bloggers. Rakesh calls it the truth serum. Well I've been injected, the executors being Shalom, Nancy and My Space...here goes:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more
1. I Cry when I'm extremely hungry. I wouldnt need to say a word....for some reason I have never been able to indicate verbally that I'm hungry. And its always via the boo-hoo-hoo network. Best time to see this event : Weddings in the family. Since we are all supposed to be making arrangements and nobody is supposed to feel hungry, the tears are a good indication. I get irritable and hungry and then there's a comment : "Dolly ko bhook lagi hai...koi khaana leke aao re..." :|
2. I counted. I have 39 dozen bangles in 3 different boxes in my room. That is 39*12=468. How many times a year do I wear them?? Rarely...and when I do, its more than a dozen on both hands every time.... I'm a walking bangle shop at times, but I dont care...I like it :P
3. I dance when I'm cooking. I'm not a great dancer like Diva, or my family members, but I dont like to stand at one place and cook. I roam around the entire ground floor, through the dining area into the sitting room and back to the kitchen, in different yet clumsy movements, with
amused faces of my sister and mom fixed upon me through all the "latke-jhatkes"
4. Sometimes when I am really in a mood to shower my love on my parents, I start referring to them as "Pitashri" and "Matashri" and try to talk in "Shudh-Hindi"...often citing dialogues from "Chupke Chupke".
5. I love cheese. I eat maggie coz I love grated cheese on it. My sis says I've been bloating coz of all the cheese...but I dont care...I love cheese :P
6. I Should have a restraining order every month after a few visits to a book store. Odyssey at Vikrampuri better start giving me good discount. I have no control over my book buying. I enter
into a book store and I HAVE TO BUY a book. It feels like a crime to enter and not pick up something to read. I purchased 11 books in the last 25 days...and I have no clue when I am going to read them...refer my book blog for the books on my shelf.
7. I cannot tolerate spice. I eat the slightest of spicy food and the bathroom is my vacation home for the night....and there are frequent food disasters and stomach troubles that I have a song for it too : "Mummy Mummy, I Got trouble in my Tummy"!! :P
8. My all time favourite movie is LAMHE. Not many people know this, coz I always talk about "Chupke Chupke" or "Philadelphia"... But I absolutely love LAMHE.
9. I am obsessed with the color Lavendor. My room, my bedsheets, the curtains in my room....all Lavendor. I added more drapes to my room a few days ago, a lil shade of pinkish purples and lavendor. My sister now looks at the room and goes : It looks like a "Kotha"!! :|
10. I have too many perfumes which I hardly use. I love Deos....No I dont stink..yet :P My favourite is JOVAN WHITE MUSK. A few months ago it was priced at Rs 168. It was hard to find it at super markets and Health n Glow outlets. When I did manage to locate one, I said I'll
stock it up coz I might not find it again. The Price had gone up to Rs.265. I came back home with just one :(
11. I constantly want to keep re-arranging the furniture ....and also purge the old ones for new ones. Mom says I can do anything with the house when I start earning...yet she keeps asking me again and again for changes. So decision for the home decor is my area.
12. I have always had things easy. I always get what I want. I feel guilty that I shouldn't be this way but I always end up doing the thing I dont want to do. I always think of cutting up my credit cards and throwing them away but then Papa says not to do so...and I always go on a spending spree....I need some control.
13. I like White wine. If mom reads this , which she does at office sometimes, she'll know that I've tasted liquor most of the days of my stay at Singapore. And I made a crazy call to a certain someone. Vowed not to take drinks for the rest of my stay there... Took it once in front of my mom ...with her permission. Next time I wanted to take drinks at a party, she gave me a look and said: "Koi Nahi". :P
14. I rode a bi-cycle for the first time when I was in class 10. Before that I always used to ride a tricycle I had... :P I know...sounds funny. Then I graduated to the scooty directly after trying the cycle for like 3 times.
15. I have never travelled in an RTC bus in any place in India. I've only gone for school trips in school buses and a trip to Goa from school in a tour-guide-operated bus. Planning to get onto a Hyderabad local bus before my 23rd Birthday.
16. I absolutely hate recieving show-peices as gifts. I love cards....and books....and Ferrero Rocher. I'd rather have it "NO GIFTS" rather than such things.
17. I am terrified of Deep Waters....Rivers, Seas, Oceans or even wells. I used to think that I might have drowned to my death in a previous life and that's why I have this phobia. That is one reason why I havent learnt swimming. But since the summer is already here and I might be leaving Hyderabad in a few months, I think I must finally learn.
18. I love Ginger Garlic paste. I Like to use it in most dishes I cook....salty ones of course.
19. I used to be in love with Ajay Devgan when I saw Phool aur Kaante. I used to go around singing "Maine Pyaar tumhi se kiya hai" and used to think Madhu is gorgeous and wanted to be like her. I saw the song today while flipping channels and wanted to kill the makers and music composers of the movie.
20. I used to crack stupid jokes in order to get people to like me... and it usually worked. Sigh, I think I've lost all that now :P
21. I miss my Dadi more than anyone else in the world. Mom was cleaning out her closet a few days ago and found the wedding "Chunari" that Dadi put on her while she was getting married. I knicked it from her and let it be known that I want it over my head when I get married. And I had a lump in my throat. I know I am a bit too sentimental.
22. I get seriously annoyed by people who think that only their opinion matters and that they know everything in the world. I used to flow into such rage as a kid, I used to tell mom that I will seriously insult someone some day. And I did...and it didnt feel great. I've learnt to control my temper ever since. These days I get annoyed by communal talk. And I hate it when people say "so and so celebrity belongs to our caste/community/region".
23. I think I am super-addicted to blogging and I am fiercely protective of my blogger buddies. I eat my mom's head talking about posts written by Kochu, Jiggy, Rakesh, Nancy, my space, Hemz, Vinay (who is bookmarked for mom's reading). One day on our way back home papa said something about blog-world being "stupid bakwaas" and I almost had an arguement with him. I controlled it at that moment but I came back home and cried coz I couldnt defend my blog-buds.
24. I spend a lot of time talking to mom and sis. I do not talk so much with Papa. I'm not scared of him, though I used to be as a kid. But I love my dad toooooooo much. I sometimes dont like things he says and frequently get annoyed with him for smallest of reasons. But I love him the most. I Love you Papa....I've never told you this. Today I am saying it for the first time. I hope we learn to be a little more informal.
25. Finally, I want to become a good writer some day. I cannot use big words, I do not understand big words. But I think I am a fairly emotional person (understatement...VERY EMOTIONAL) and I think I write from my heart. I just want to write something beautiful for which I am remembered by millions and millions of people. :)
FINALLY DONE WITH THIS TAG...4 DAYS.....IN MY DEFENCE, I WAS A BIT BUSY AND WASNT BLOGGING :P :P
For both the tags, I tag anyone who hasnt taken up these yet and who'd want to try. Happy Blogging :)