Diva, I know without even reading the blog, you know what I'm gonna write. This is dedicated to you and our friendship. ;)
- PRESENTING== Smriti Srivastava and Divya Nawale in THE BREATHLESS GIRLS
- I know all of you've heard of the song BREATHELESS by Shankar Mahadevan. It was a huge rage and at that age, we'd never heard anything like it. So, it all began for me and Diva. We practised on our own, not really practised coz we loved the song so much that the constant singing made us sort of "EXPERTS" if u may call us so.
- On one of the numerous bus trips from school, me and Diva discovered each other's talent for the song. And then we were a team... THE BREATHLESS GIRLS. At the time the song came out, we never let an opportunity pass us by. EVERYTIME we took the school bus to ANY location together, we sang it. We loved singing it. We had so so so so much fun. I can still recall the excitement and the glow on Diva's face when she sang it. It was oh so special.
- That was also the first time I knew that Diva was not so dumb (read bholi bhaali) after all. On one of the trips, my eternal school crush Ramakrishna Deshpande was with us. We were all going to some school far off (I bet Diva remembers the name... I was just too excited going into an inter school competition and spending time with my best friend and biggest crush... who cares what school it was). And we sang the song as usual, this time Ramakrishna joined us (he sang it well too... I'm not blushing...REALLY!!). I had never told Diva about my crush on Ramakrishna till then and later when I confessed, she said she'd found that out in the way I was singing around him. Till then, I didn't think Diva even knew the meaning of a crush... she was so bholi. Yeah she was simple, no denying that.
- BREATHELESS GIRLS.... yeah we were that. I haven't tried singing the song in a long time. I don't even know if I can. But I've heard Diva sing it a few years ago...and singing it just the same. Diva has changed a lot for the better. She is street-smart and knows the ways of the world now. Underneathe it all, she's still got the same super-bhola heart.... at least for the ones she loves.
- YES... We fight. A lot of times, always have. But our friendship was built on some real solid ground and no matter what we say or do to each other... we may leave each other speechless... But in the end, we'd do something real special for one another and make each other BREATHELESS.
Love You Diva!!!