"Paisa Wasool" Weekend



I haven't blogged on Tennis since the Baghdatis-Nalbandian clash in 2006 Australian Open. Its just that I haven't found anything interesting enough to blog on. I have been writing all about the F1 events on the F1 blog of mine. So this is what interests me today.


My first weekend off from office. I thought I'd do something good. Experience that term, "Work Hard, Party Harder". Just do something for fun. BUT NO!!! That wasnt how it happened. I woke up fashionable late. And my parents and sister woke up an hour after I did. To think of it, I am still the earliest riser in the family :D I thought about the Sania Mirza Vs Venus Williams match at the Aussie Open. Damn I missed so much action already since office started. But the match, as I came to know later, was in the evening session. So I went on to watch the India-Australia Test match at Perth (We won... hahaha.. and I'm not talking about it... all the news channels are making me wanna puke with the excessive coverage).


In no mood to clean out the mess that my room is in, I just thought of watching Tennis for a while... Whatever was on. First up I saw the Fernando Gonzalez Vs Marin Cilic match. Good match. The 19-year old Cilic did well to defeat last year's finalist Gonzalez. I thought it was a really neat match. I thought this was enough Tennis for the day. Then came the big one.


Roger Federer, the undisputed King of Tennis was up against Janko Tipsarevic. At first I thought, another walk in the park for Federer. When he lost the first set, I focused my attention back to the match. I thought, maybe if this guy could stretch Federer till the end. And if luck favours him, he can take our Federer in this round. After all, Federer hasn't lost in Melbourne Park since 2006 semi-final when Marat Safin defeated him.


Match on, I said. Tipsarevic won the first set 7-6(7/5) on tie break. The next set was yet another closely fought won, Federer winning it this time 7-6(7/1).


Federer looked to have regained the momentum when he broke early in the third, but Tipsarevic battled back to level and it was apparent the champion was in for a difficult match. The decisive moment came in the ninth game when Tipsarevic faced two set points on his serve and held off both.
Federer then lost his way and his serve in the next game, allowing Tipsarevic to serve out for a two-sets-to-one lead with a 7-5 success in the third set.
Federer again got the important early break in the fourth, but this time was able to capitalise as Tipsarevic's spirit of adventure got the better of him. The Serbian played a number of ill-advised drop shots which Federer pounced on, and the match was levelled at two sets apiece after just 33 minutes. Federer won it 6-1.
The first 16 games went with serve in a marathon final set before the top seed came from 40-0 down on the Serbian's serve to get vital edge with his second break point. Federer then served out for the match, taking his second match-point opportunity.


In the end, Federer won with the score card reading 6-7 (5/7) 7-6 (7/1) 5-7 6-1 10-8 .



I had fun watching this match. Although I knew as soon as Federer gets a chance, he'll grab it with both hands. He did. That's why he's number one. But young Janko Tipsarevic played such a wonderful match, full credit to him. Making Federer go this distance, is as good as defeating him (after all, he hardly gets to play such long matches. He demolishes his oppenents most of the times.).

All in all, total fun. Amazing Tennis, exhilarating feelings, even the commentators on Star Sports seemed tired after watching the match.


For all of you who missed it, try watching the highlights when they air it. Peace!!!
P.S INPUTS from Google News, not entirely my source!! Feeling too tired to write too.

0 Observations:

 
Memories of a Wandering Soul © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour